The life, hopes and dreams of a kids and their BMX coach training in a South African township (Kayamandi), waiting for competition day. Throughout the process they will learn much more than just how to pedal. Kayamandi is a suburb of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape province of South Africa located off route R304. The name means “nice home” in the Xhosa language, from khaya meaning “home” and mnandi meaning “nice”.
KAYABIKE explores the use of biking as a way of personal development in the context of this South African suburb.
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors
- Day: 24th of May 2019
- Time: 21.00
- Duration: 45 min + debate
- Location: Barrio Torrao 2°
- Presence of the director: Yes
- Registration: No need but limited space available
- Extra Activities: Presentation of the film by director Mattia Trabucchi and Nicola Schiavottiello (Co-director Heritales)