TThis woman has been following us for twentyfive centuries, since Sophocles introduced her to the Athenian democracy in the Great Dionysians. This version, by Eduarda Dionísio, take us to the intimacy of the woman-heroine-sister. This woman, who dares to challenge a despot in defense of the supreme law of love, reveals us, perhaps, the contours of the Democratic State. How far can we go, in power? When will that power stop serving democracy and begin to destroy the human being?
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors
- Day: 9th of May 2019
- Time: 20.00
- Duration: 19min + debate
- Location: Casa do Brasil (Lisboa)
- Presence of the director: Yes
- Registration: No registration required but limited space available
- Extra Activities: Presentation and debate with Nicola Schiavottiello, co-director of the Heritales – International Heritage Film Festival.