In Baixada Fluminense, independent cultural groups began a filmclub movement that brings cinema to the viewer. For over a decade, these film clubs have a massive role on the social upbringing of suburb regions and the starting of a dialog to change the day-to-day of these cities. This documentary shows the role of six of the major filmclubs in Baixada Fluminense; Cineclube Mate com Angu, from Duque de Caxias; Cineclube Buraco do Getulio, from Nova Iguaçu; Cineclube Donana, from Belford Roxo; Cineclube Cinema de Guerrilha, from São João de Meriti; Cineclube Xuxu com Xis, from Austin; and Facção Feminista Cineclube, from Duque de Caxias. These film clubs take movies to squares, to bars, to schools and to where else there is a place to show. Promote film clubs is preserve the possibility of gathering, of relating with another and the pleasure of share and motivate people.
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors
- Day: 23rd of March 2019
- Time: 19.00
- Duration: 20 min + debate
- Location: Teatro do Recreio Desportivo da Trafaria (Portugal)
- Presence of the director: Video-conference
- Registration: No registration required
- Extra Activities: Presentation and debate with Nicola Schiavottiello co-director Heritales.