When I decided to go live with Annie Garby to film a documentary about free dance, I already Knew the type of trip that was in store for me. 92 years and a lifetime of dedication. How not to imagine that past and present were going to interconnected by dance, nature and music.Isadora Duncan, Francois Malkovsky, Alexandre Bodak. Annie Garby, the same spirit has been passed on, so that today, we can go from being witnesses to protagonists.
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors
- Day: Sunday, August 5
- Time: 11:00 am
- Duration: 54min
- Location: Cineteatro Castelo de Vide (Portugal)
- Presence of the director: Yes
- Registration: This activity does not require registration. The limit of participants is the capacity of the space, but come early to find seats.
- Extra Activities: Included in the program of Andanças dance festival 2018
Throughout her professional career as a copywriter in different agencies in Spain and Portugal, she has always done audiovisual works since the creation of the idea, until, in 2015, when she was already a free dance teacher, she decided to unite her two passions and make a documentary by her teacher Annie Garbie. It is the first time that it passes from the script to the realization. From dance to the image. With a degree in Advertising and Public Relations, she combines her profession as a creative writer in Lisbon and her vocation with dance. Folklore Charro, Flamenco, Modern, until 2008, when through his brother Orestes, she comes to the Free Dance. Currently working in an advertising agency, he teaches free dance and is discovering her new talent as a filmmaker after finishing her first documentary: Ecoute, an experience with Annie Garby and free dance (2017).