Cinema in the Casino
Heritales open a new cinema cicle in the Casino da Trafaria, for the first appointmet we will project the work of our awarded director João Meirinhos. An amazing night with 3 documentaries that will take us to the magic land of Alentejo (Portugal).
Transmutation – The beat of the past looms seeks to trigger social awareness regarding the disappearance of hand weaving in the Alentejo region of Portugal. It also serves as a portrait about the last weavers still working today using experimental methods of film making, sound composition and ethnographic storytelling.
Original soundscape: Mestre André
Production: Tânia C. Neves & Nova Tradição
Film and final edit work: João Meirinhos
O Museu da Dona Violante
At the village of Barradas, on the edge between the Portuguese regions of Alentejo and Algarve, we found Dona Violante’s peculiar museum of arts, crafts and awe. A simple conversation that gained wings and touched so many relevant subjects about the overwhelming pace of nowadays.
– Cinema no Estendal 2020
– PRÉMIO, Melhor filme Documentário no 3o. Festival e Mostra de Audiovisual NUPEPA/ImaRgens, ICNOVA/LAPS
– 3in1 Film Fest, 2021.
Pano da Terra
NOVA TRADIÇÃO presents the ethnographic documentary: “PANO DA TERRA” by João Meirinhos and Tânia C. Neves
A film about the latest weavers and spinners from Vila de Mértola, Reguengos de Monsaraz and the village of São Pedro de Sólis.
Please join us in this magic Friday night on one of the most beautiful setting of the Lisbon region. The old Casino of Trafaria, on the river Tagus will host this event and it will welcome you in its beautiful renewed premise.
- Target Audience: General public, families, children, adults, seniors,
- Day: 17th of December 2021
- Time: 21.00
- Duration: 75min
- Location: Teatro do Recreio Desportivo da Trafaria (Portugal)
- Registration: Mandatory registration, please send an email to: email@example.com
- Presence of the director: Yes
- Extra Activities: Presentation by d Nicola Schiavottiello (Co-director Heritales)