The cinema cycle at SHE “In a corner of the world, four different heritages”, will be dedicated to discovering heritages that remain isolated, or are at risk of disappearing.
The first session takes us to the Zanskar valley, at an altitude of 3,500 meters in the ancient kingdom of Hymalaya. “Zanskar, a winter of hapiness” shows this Indian valley that has been isolated for centuries, preserving the traditions of a community that warmly welcomes those who manage to cross the difficult paths of mountain ice. Director Caroline Riégel makes a second trip to visit the women of this community, to share their daily life in winter. She manages to capture the testimony of a unique place where time seems to have stopped.
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors, students, researchers.
- Day: 5th of July 2022
- Time: 21.00
- Duration: 52 min + debate
- Location: Sociedade Harminia Eborense – Evora
- Presence of the director: no
- Registration: Not necessary but preferred
- Extra Activities: Film projection followed by debate with Susana Jimenez.