Paika is a film about a martial art dance form. More than a medium of entertainment, it has a social significance as it commemorate and has preserved historical incidences, struggle and triumph of the Munda community in the art form. It is my honest effort to portray the lives with the culture and tradition of my community. This film is made through an understanding of the lives of the Munda community as an outsider and an insider. The film shows a narrative strung together with stories, songs and interviews of Pandeya Munda who have been dancing this folk dance form for more than 25 years.
This film is a culmination of the dance Paika along with the story of a typical village in Jharkhand. I have tried to weave a film which portrays and talk about Munda community. I feel this film is a blend of both the perspectives as I think myself as half insider and half outsider of the community being brought up in an urban setup.
- Target Audience: General public, youth, adults, seniors
- Day: 26th of April
- Time: 18.00
- Duration: 26min + debate
- Location: Av. Brasilia 352, 1350-352 Lisbon
- Presence of the director: Yes
- Registration: Free event but need to be booked, limited spaces available, please contact Museo do Oriente
- Extra Activities: Debate with the director of the film. Presentation by Nicola Schiavottiello and Maria Zozaya directors of Heritales.