Heritales – International Heritage Film Festival 2017 - “Sustainable communities”
Heritales - International Heritage Film Festival seeks to disseminate narratives of a filmic and graphic nature related to material and immaterial cultural heritage. In this way, it focuses its role on a major area of UNESCO, communication and information.
In this edition 2017, Heritales focuses its topic on sustainable communities, which is one of the 17 objectives of UNESCO's 2030 agenda. Thus, of the many ways to disseminate culture, Heritales relies on the seventh art to recover the patrimonial value of the community, specifically in the viability of sustainable communities, whether current or historical.
It turns the cinema into a voice that spread the message of sustainability existing in different cultures, showing potential paths of development in line with the conservation of an environment. It considers that the film medium is unique in preserving culture, since it is one of the most direct ways of reproducing popular memory (in its various forms of oral, visual, practical or written transmission), maintaining forever a community knowledge through the illusion of the moving images.
The sessions comprise both the projection spaces and the film with its subsequent debate. This is intended to establish a cultural dialogue between two levels of communities: the one that is projected on the screens, and the audience that receives these messages. That exchange between the authors of the films and their receiving audience, increase a cultural knowledge that could change own perception and personal vision that will stay in forever.
The ambience of the festival is enhanced by the spaces where it is celebrated. These are places that are not normally conceived to project films, but rather encounter areas that have traditionally served the community to socialize. From private historical spaces, such as churches or the association, to public spaces, such as the square or the courtyard of a convent. Places that for their architectural value today have become the material heritage of the city of Évora. Finally, it is proposed to project sessions in other places with a potential heritage value, such as small neighborhood of Évora and the interior of Portugal.
- Closing date: 15 May 2017.
- Selection period: 15 June 2017 – 10 July 2017.
- Communication of acceptance: 15 July 2017.
- Festival: Friday 22 - 23 - 24 September 2017.
- Sign the documents**on the permissions of its screening material in the framework of the Heritales - International Heritage Film Festival.
- Send the material:
- Two photos of the author: one portrait and one landscape at high resolution. (link to download, please do no use by email attachment)
- An image icon(250x250 px) of the work.
- A screenshot of a scene of the work or the poster at high resolution. (link to download, please do not use email attachment).
- The work to be presented (link to download or DVD to be sent to the contact address).